Monday, September 7, 2009

my top 5 things to Fall in love with.


summer is coming to an end!! i'm already well into my 3rd week of classes. this will be my last-- or this has been my last 3 month summer vacation! by next summer (*crosses finger*) i'll be in the real world, hopefully the fashion world. this is my last summer going into fall as a student, and it feels good/scary at the same! anyways...summer's out and fall's in! fall is one of my favorite seasons-- weather and fashion wise. i love the temperate weather and the ability to layer light pieces together or wear boots, hats, and put on a thin jacket that will tie your whole look together.

my fall looks will consist of one of the following:
1. color on my lips! i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE wearing lipstick. 9 times out 10 i will be wearing lipstick. my favorite for fall will be my NARS lip stain in Dare Devil ($22 @ Sephora).

2. thigh-high boots! this summer i scored a pair of sam edelman thigh high boots (in black). i'm usually a heels type of girl but $40 for a pair of boots?! i just couldn't resist! i'm short but i'm fortunate enough to have the appearance of long legs.

3. my i heart ronson bf jacket-- when i saw this jacket i just knew i had to grab it!! i'm a big fan of charlotte ronson's line for j.c. penney!! this jacket paired with the most simplest of garments-- either a plain LBD, regular black jeans, or short mini skirt, is going to look cute!! grab it now...it's on sale at j.c. penney's for less than $72!!!
4. a knotted button-up -- i have definitely acquired an appreciation for button-ups. i used to think button-ups were so boring but i found out that a knot can transform a plain white one!! now i can't stop knotting my button ups! on top of that when i run out of my own button ups i grab my bf's, my dad's, or my brothers'-- fitted or loose, a simple knot can do a button up good!

5. my jackie O inspired sunglasses w/ chain-- my friend calls this my granny glasses. while other people may find these glasses dated, i find them to be timeless. the tortoise print, the shape, and the chain make these sunglasses a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment